Monday, November 29, 2004

The Ride Up

You're in an elevator, on the way up to your office.
The elevator doors close.
Someone rushes to the closing doors and pries them apart.
He successfully gets in.
You pray silently that the lift would just go up now, no more delays.
The lift goes up and all is silent (save for the rumbling of the elevator).
Mr Latecomer decides to while time by poking his nose.
One poke, perhaps to scratch an itch.
Two pokes, perhaps another itch.
The finger is now permanently lodged in the nostril, perhaps a continuous itch.
I resist the tempation to hit the button on my extensible umbrella.
I play the scene in my head.
Umbrella extends, hits his fingers and I get booger on my funky umbrella.
No thanks (I did not pay RM30 for an umbrella just to have someone's booger on it).
Elevator ride ends, Mr Latecomer heads west, I head east (along with everyone else).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home